So let's try ..
Chicken Tandoori with Murgh Korma sauce ( Chicken in Nutty Sauce )
- 1,5 kg chicken, skinless and with bone or boneless
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 4 Shallots, slice thinned
- 4 cm ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 medium size red onions
- 2 green chilies( Optional , I didn't use because of my kids doesn't like spicy food )
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro, plus more for garnishing at the end
- 6 to 7 almonds, blanched and skin removed( 2 tbsp ground almond )
- 6 to 7 cashews( I don't use it )
- 1 tablespoon white poppy seeds ( I don't use it )
- 3/4 cup plain, flavorless yogurt ( 125 gr yogurt nature )
- 1 tablespoon cream (optional) ( I use cream fraiche liquid )
- 1 cup tomato puree, canned or homemade( I use 1 jar of my homemade tomato puree
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon chili powder ( I don't use it )
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds( I don't use it )
- 2 to 3 green cardamoms
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1,5 Tbsp Tandoori powder spice
- 2 tablespoons ghee/ cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 15 gr Butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the chicken with salt, turmeric, garlic, Shallots, tumeric,garam masala, tandoori spice, cilantro leaves, ginger, Yogurt, and Salt and let it rest for a minimum of five hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Fried the chicken about 5 minutes upside down, put aside
- Next,In a wok on a deep pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil and bring it to heat using the same pan, pour the tomato puree add the ground almond, green cardamoms, salt n pepper.
- Pour the chicken and let it soak to the tomatoes sauce . .continue cooking with low fire
- Add honey and butter, continue cooking until the oil starts to separate. If it gets too sticky, add a little bit of water. Cook for about 20 minutes. if the gravy gets too thick. Cook for a couple more minutes and add cream, if you are using any. Check for salt and once the chicken is cooked through, switch off the heat.
- Garnish with some freshly chopped cilantro and serve with rice, naan or your choice of bread.
** Recipe of the sauce I got it from here and since my hubby doesn't like dry dish, I do some modification a bit and got the idea to make the sauce from this recipe... thanks Kankana