Thursday, August 18, 2011

Something About summer

These were the gigantic tomatoes I grew in my garden this year.
I loved how big and strong they looked. How watery they felt in the mouth. Fresh and light in the same time
I kept them for my hubby, knowing how much he’d enjoy les premiers tomat du jardin.
I also plan cherry tomatoes, not much only 4 small tree, that's just for myself , every day Most of the time while I watering the garden, I can just pick and eat them, they are so fresh and yummy.
It’s a small and simple thing, and it might sound silly, but these tomatoes made me feel very excited. And happy. Because my hubby loved them. Because I grew them myself.
Every day. Most of the time, I used them in salads or salsa sauce. But at other times, we preferred to eat them nature as an appetiser. or if some of green tomate  so tempting to eat, I made a Sambal Hijau ( spicy green chilly blend with green tomat ), it always remain me of Sambal Ijo from Padang restaurant in Jakarta.

Sambal Ijo Padang
  (Green Chili and tomato sauce )

Ingredients: 

250gr green chilli
150gr green tomato
2 tablespoons
freshly squeezed  lemon juice
1 tablespoon salt
 
5 pcs Shallots
4 pcs Garlic
4 tablespoon vegetable oil for frying  
1 sachet bumbu rendang
4 lime leaves


Methods:
Combine all ingredients.squeezed lemon juice before blend the all ingredients (so the color will stay green ).

fry the ingredients with small fire ( about 15 minutes)

2 comments:

Indonesia Eats said...

Sekali-kali bikin sambal andaliman :) Hikss belume kesampaian nehh gw

Susy Barrat said...

wah good idea say..ntar gw posting.. gw ada tuh andaliman..lu bisa masukkin ke frezeer say, rasa ga berubah dan tahan lama..

There was an error in this gadget