Thursday, August 18, 2011

Something About summer

These were the gigantic tomatoes I grew in my garden this year.
I loved how big and strong they looked. How watery they felt in the mouth. Fresh and light in the same time
I kept them for my hubby, knowing how much he’d enjoy les premiers tomat du jardin.
I also plan cherry tomatoes, not much only 4 small tree, that's just for myself , every day Most of the time while I watering the garden, I can just pick and eat them, they are so fresh and yummy.
It’s a small and simple thing, and it might sound silly, but these tomatoes made me feel very excited. And happy. Because my hubby loved them. Because I grew them myself.
Every day. Most of the time, I used them in salads or salsa sauce. But at other times, we preferred to eat them nature as an appetiser. or if some of green tomate  so tempting to eat, I made a Sambal Hijau ( spicy green chilly blend with green tomat ), it always remain me of Sambal Ijo from Padang restaurant in Jakarta.

Sambal Ijo Padang
  (Green Chili and tomato sauce )

Ingredients: 

250gr green chilli
150gr green tomato
2 tablespoons
freshly squeezed  lemon juice
1 tablespoon salt
 
5 pcs Shallots
4 pcs Garlic
4 tablespoon vegetable oil for frying  
1 sachet bumbu rendang
4 lime leaves


Methods:
Combine all ingredients.squeezed lemon juice before blend the all ingredients (so the color will stay green ).

fry the ingredients with small fire ( about 15 minutes)

2 comments:

Indonesia Eats said...

Sekali-kali bikin sambal andaliman :) Hikss belume kesampaian nehh gw

Susy Barrat said...

wah good idea say..ntar gw posting.. gw ada tuh andaliman..lu bisa masukkin ke frezeer say, rasa ga berubah dan tahan lama..