- 1 big Orange fruit
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Large eggs
- 100 gr of butter
- 100 gr of flour
- 100 gr of sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
75gr dark chocolate + 20 gr butter, chopped & melted on microwave about 1 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and butter an pan 21cm ( long ) mold. Coat with butter & flour set aside.
- Before you cut the orange in 2, grate the skin of the orange first to get the zest.
- Place the eggs & sugar about 15 minutes ( Keep on Mixed during the adding ingredient )
- Add Butter
- Add zest & the orange juice
- add baking powder
- Add Flour
- Add pinched of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and butter an 8-inch (21 cm) round mold. Coat with flour and tap the excess out; set aside.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water and let melt, stirring.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with sugar and salt until the preparation has tripled in volume — for 8 minutes.
- Fold in the almond meal and hazelnut flour. Fold in the melted chocolate.
- Transfer this batter to the mold and bake the cake for 30 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes and unmold carefully.
- When ready to serve, dust with confectioner’s sugar. The cake should stay moist inside.