In this occasion I'd like to thank Dian Degen from Swing your cooking spoon! for giving me this Heart Locket Award. And now I have to find 7 wonderful blogs to pass this award to them. If you receive this award, please read the rules carefully:
1. What make you feel great about yourself?
- If you get this award, pass it on to other 7 blogs
- Put in the award picture in your post
- Don't pass the award back to the award giver
- Answer the questions below and post them in your blog:
2. Who inspires you most?
1. I feel great about myself because I'm Surrounded by great family and friends. Is Not easy to be someone who talk straight forward like me, could hurt people by accidently but if they are really truly friend of me, they will accept the way I am. I except if someone reminds me and talk frankly If I've made a mistake/hurt them, that's teach me for not make the same mistake again in future and that's also make the friendship stay.
2. Living abroad is not easy at all, but if you can blend and enjoy it, you will find the beauty of living abroad. My hubby is the one who inspired me the most. but I got a few good friend in the other side of the world who inspired me too ..I'm glad to have them as a friends.
And the Award that's inspired me, goes to 7 Wonderful blog :
- La tartine Gourmande at La Tartine Gourmande
- Ira from Cooking Tackle
- Arfi at Homemades
- Peppy atIndonesian Eats
- Rita at Mochacocolaterita
- Ipoek at Dapur Ipoek
- mommy nya nisa at Rumah manis
The Autumn season is always make me lazy. I'm not sure that is because the soft fresh weather of Autumn or it just me who just like cuddling with my soft cozy blanket in my bed. Well, forget about the cozy blanket, since my boys still have one more holiday, I still have to cook. This time I choose Beef stew nutmeg or they called Semur Sapi in Indonesia. This dish usually for kids meal. I often find this menu on my childhood menu. Yep, My mom love to cook this dish for her kids. Since I live abroad, I like to introduce Indonesian dish to my kids, sometime they like it, sometime they don't but at least they try to taste many kind of meal so when they are visiting my parents they will not get food shock. For this dish, I modify a bit just because of the rich flavor of semur sometime can't digest kids taste.
so here is the menu for Autumn :
Semur Daging Sapi
Beef Stew Nutmeg
Semur Daging Sapi
350 g beef (I used veal )
5 pcs Indonesian bay leaves (salam leaves)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 shallots, chopped
7 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
7 pcs of cloves ( mostly I didn't use due to kids doesn't really like the taste of cloves! )
4 cm ginger
1 tomato ( peeled the skin, cut it and blend with all the ingredients )
1 sachet coconut powder ( sometime I use, sometime not, depend on the stock )
4 Tbsp Indonesian sweet soy sauce (I use kecap cap Bango, the sweetness are perfect but if you can't find other sweet soy sauce is fine too )
2 medium size potatoes , peeled and cut 2 cm cubed
ground white pepper to taste
fried shallots and other green stuff to garnish
Salt, Pepper as desired
1. In a frying pan, fry potatoes, put a side
2. Still using the remaining oil, fry all the blend ingredients (the shallots,Garlic, Tomato, ginger) add salam leaves.
3. Bring the meat inside, cook for approximately 25 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients Including the potatoes , reduce heat and cover the pan about 1.5 hours or until the meat is cooked and very tender.
5. Garnish with fried shallots or green onion.
6. eat with hot rice and sambal mentah...