Saturday, January 23, 2010

Perfect salad for claudy day

I never know this kind of vegie till I arrive in France..
" ughh.. Bitter " !!.. that first thing come out from my mouth saying the taste of this vegie.
after while after trying several kind of type of  dish made with Endive, I start to like it a lot. one of my favorite is the Salad Endive, very simple to make, but worthed to made because the compliment is waiting..

Endives are known to be bitter in taste, which makes many people shy away from them — like myself. One little trick is to know where the bitterness comes from. If you think of removing the small cone at the base of the vegetable, you will see that the bitterness significantly diminishes.Typically these vegetables-that-grow-in-the-dark are presented under the form of leaves. I find that cutting them in long sticks makes it more fun to eat them in a salad, as well as easier to present on a plate. For a second, if you do not know what the sticks are, you wonder what they are until you toss one in your mouth. At this point, the endive can no longer fool you as its taste slowly develops, right there. ( I take the statement from the blog of La Tartine http://www.latartinegourmande.com/2006/12/02/perfecting-the-fall-salad-a-la-recherche-de-la-salade-automnale-parfaite/))

Endive.. here you are on my table









Beterave,
100 gr Mache
1 small Apple
1 Endive

Dressing :
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp mustard
3 Tbsp Apple vinegar
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar

No comments: